In line with the Completion Agenda of His Excellency, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, wealth creation is one of his cardinal points. For Udom Emmanuel, there are unlimited opportunities that abound in the blessed land of Akwa Abasi’Ibom State through which our teeming youth can make a decent living from. One of such is the movie industry.
Today, the social media space is flooded by pictures of various movie productions ongoing at different locations in the state by different producers and Directors.
Some Akwa Ibomites have also taken the challenge of leaving the comfort of their homes and state to other states just to compete with their counterparts there and they are doing just fine.
What these means are;
1. Akwa Ibom is certainly becoming the next Nollywood hub where bigger and stronger movie investors will love to invest. This will however give rising and upcoming Actors in the state an opportunity to grow faster.
2. Whenever there is an epic job or big jobs that require camping, the host communities benefit so much as the economy of that community grows because the actors will depend on them for their daily consumables.
3. In the next couple of months/years, Akwa Ibom faces will be more prominent in cinemas, Movie Channels, etc.
4. Producers are also emerging from Akwa Ibom State. They have embraced the business of movie-making massively like in other climes. Thanks to Emem Isong Misodi who have played a major role in inspiring our young producers like Amazing Aniebiet Francis and others to taking up the challenge.
1. Support that upcoming Actor you know today, because he or she may be the next star tomorrow according to God’s plan.
2. Help with logistics. Giving out your car/house/community can go a long way in movie production. The exotic vehicles and big mansions you see in movies are owned by people who support the cause. Thanks to those who are already giving out the comfort of their beautiful houses/offices for movie productions.
3. Investment in movie production yields high returns and the profit is unimaginable. Investing in movies can be lucrative and glamorous, but it is also a high-risk undertaking. Before investing in any project, be sure to do your due diligence and research on the producers, the talents, and the potential audience appeal of the movie.
Akwa Ibom State Government is poised at giving enabling environment for the movie industry to strive. As we speak, there are plans by the Udom Emmanuel led administration to build a world-class movie village which will cause a tsunamic kind of migration of the movie industry to Akwa Ibom.
Play your part and pray for us. The future is great.
God bless Akwa Ibom!
Source: Emmanuel Owuala
SA to Governor on Talent Hunt
Akwa Ibom State